Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Life in Lyon Update

While I do hope to continue with my daily tales from my Euro-Tour with Brianne, I thought I might as well do a little post about the present. 

Lyon is beautiful and treating me well.

I am quite pleased with my apartment's location--I really had no idea where to live and just kind of happened upon this location and it's been perfect for me. There's a large farmer's market right outside my door on the banks of the river. 

I was a little sad for these bunnies, though.









After doing some yoga in my apartment I thought I'd whip something up...








Here's something I just threw together... ok, not really.









That's a dinner I had the other night with a new friend named Elisa while eating on Rue Merciere (Restaurant Row, kind of a tourist trap place, but worth experiencing). Mom--this is where that bistro is located.








 
A few weeks ago I met Djima. He's a student from Togo and has been very helpful with my research accompanying me to farmer's markets and cafes and helping me out as an interpreter.





Fun times. These are just a few excerpts from my recent doings here in Lyon. I'll talk to you all again soon.

2 comments:

Jewelyn said...

Just wanted to let you know that I love knowing what you're up to right now! keep it up! you're such a lucky girl to have that experience! Also, we went by our farmer's market yesterday and it has grown a lot! it usually takes up the whole park in one way or another now, instead of just a little L on the sidewalk. so much fun! can i know you're return date so i can put it on my calendar of holidays? Have fun and be safe!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Paige, love your pictures. We miss you like PB misses J. Sounds like you are rockin' it out there. Can't wait to see you in Sept. Love you tons!
Kris