Thursday, May 26, 2011

He-Man Nation


It recently came to my attention that I have been singing the wrong, though preferable in my opinion, words to the only song worth mentioning (that’s right I said it) by the band Filter: “Hey Man, Nice Shot”. Changing the title line to “He-Man Nation”. See what I mean? Yeah. Better. Rather than making the necessary adjustments and correcting my error, I have decided that this is evolution at it’s best—survival of the fittest. Mistakes and mutations that are better and stronger force out those that are lesser, replace those that were weaker. I rule.

Ok, He-Man Nation, I’ve set the example and now I would like to open the floor to hear your examples of wins and fails. They don’t necessarily have to be song lyrics and they don't have to be yours, though you will get extra points, as always, for any self-flagellation. What have you made better or worse…on accident…or on purpose, but seriously though…on accident?

Just serendipitous.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

I'm on your side 100%, Paige. I just listened to the song and he's totally saying "He-Man Nation". And even if he wasn't, you're still right. It's a better name.

Our family has quite a few examples of this...one of my own song lyric misinterpretations for years and years was thinking that in the song "Doo Wah Diddy Diddy" he says, "I'm hurt, she's mad, wedding bells are gonna chime..." This made absolutely ZERO sense to my young mind...but then, I also believed Saturday's Warrior and thought that one day I'd meet a man and know him instantly as my husband. So maybe it wouldn't matter if I was mad and he was hurt, because we were meant to be married with those wedding bells a-chiming...

But something my mom thought as a child is a clear winner (and google confirms that she's not the only person to have thought this): Ever heard of a song that says, "There's a bathroom on the right"? You might have heard it as, "There's a bad moon on the rise". Oh, CCR.

Corinne Ritz said...

Aunt Judy used to sing, "Come Come ye Saints, No toilet paper here..." I always that sounded way better, and was very true as well.

I always sing the wrong lyrics, they usually make no sense when I sing them and I get made fun of by my husband, Kids and sisters. OH well.....