Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Favorites from Work

Britishisms from work. Just thought you'd enjoy a couple of the most awesome ones.

: "No, no. 'e' as in 'apple'."
--I get this ALL the BLOODY TIME!!!! It never fails to crack me up! Now, when you say the 'e' make sure you aren't flexing any of the muscles around your mouth, that's right. You've got it.

: Us: "What internet browser are you on?"
Them: "Uhhh...... orange?"
Us: "....No."
--I should say in their defense that Orange is an internet provider over on the other side of the pond, so this isn't that idiotic... but there is always the distinct possibility/hope that they were referring to Mozilla Firefox which is kind of orange.

: Ok, we got an email from a woman requesting Hugh Grants information because she was, apparently, his Baby Mama (claiming to have had a kid for him). Here's hoping she doesn't come upon my blog while doing her family "research. It was amazing. I will go into no more detail than that.

: A man called in with the surname "Farquart". As in Lord Farquart. As in "he huffed and he puffed and he....signed an eviction notice." From Shrek. Pronounced exactly the same way. My coworker had a hard time getting through that call and I made sure he had a hard time getting through that call. It was 'mazing.

: Last one for today. This is an email I got in Spanish which I will just give you the rough translation of. "I wish to know my ancestry, where I come from, because I have gypsy tendencies."

Oh heavens. Family history can answer so many questions about who we are. It's the most fulfilling part of my day, more than being a plastic surgeon, or cat declawer, say. It's truly wonderful.

I hope this has given you all a small insight into what I do in the wee small hours of the morning and why I never answer my phone any more. I love you.

Paige sleepy.

4 comments:

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

I love Paige's thoughts! Send more! How are you doing? I miss you like crazy and sometimes think about being neighbors with you and doing dinners together. That sure was fun!
Love you!

Brianne said...

I was so excited that you posted on your blog! You should do that more often! =) Also, I miss you tons. We need to hang out when I get back to Utah, PLEASE. If you're willing and able. Seriously, I've missed you.

And this post was very enjoyable. Thank you. =) I, too, want to know where my gypsy tendencies come from in my ancestry.

M said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I think I just broke a rib laughing . . .

Cindy said...

You just rescued me from a very boring day at work and made life living again. To you I say, Thankyou